Testing And Analysis of Mechanical Properties of E- Glass Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Polymer CompositesAuthor(s) : Sudhir S Mathapati, Shivukumar S Mathapati
Volume & Issue : VOLUME 2 / 2015 , ISSUE 1
Page(s) : 46-52
ISSN (Online): 2394-3858
ISSN (Print) : 2394-3866
Composites are an important class of materials available to mankind. Studies of these composites are plays a very important role in material science, metallurgy, chemistry, solid mechanics and engineering applications. The E-glass fiber reinforced polymer composite are more widely used in the automotive industry and other industrial applications, due to their advantages, like low cost, noise control, low weight and ease of processing. Presently very limited work has been done on the mechanical properties of chopped strand mat of E-glass fiber reinforced composites. The present project works aims to prepare E-glass fiber based composite with percentage variation of glass fiber content like 1%, 2% and 3% with using a bisphenol A as matrix material and conducting the mechanical ( tensile, compressive and flexural) testing on the composite. As a final point of view, mechanical results are compared with the FEA results by using analysis software ANSYS.
Chopped strand, mat E-glass fiber, polymer composites, Bisphenol A, FEA material science.
- Dr.P.K.Palani,,M.Nanda kumar: Analysis Of Mechanical Properties Of Chopped Strand Mat E-Glass Fiber Epoxy Resin Nanoclay Composites, Volume2, Issue 2, Pages 185-189 2013.
- X. Huang, X. Yu, C. Wang, G. Li, Y. Song, K. Lu, E. Niu, C. Gung, N. Clayton, and M. Su, Interlaminar Shear Strength Property of the Glass Fiber/Polyimide Reinforced Epoxy Resin for ITER Feeder Mock-ups, vol. 24, no. 3, june 2014.
- Mohd. Zulfli, N. H., Abu Bakar A. and Chow W. S. and thermal behaviors of glass fiber reinforced epoxy hybrid composites containing oregano-montmorillonite, Vol. 7 2012.
- Martin Nezadal_y, Jan Sch¨ur_ and Lorenz-Peter Schmidt,Non-destructive Testing of Glass Fiber reinforced Plastics with a Synthetic Aperture Radar in the lower THz region.
- Lianhua Fan, C. P. Wongv, Thermosetting and Thermoplastic Bisphenol A Epoxy / Phenoxy Resin as Encapsulate Material:2001
- Amjad J. and Woo young Jung: Analysis and experimental studies of composite materials, August 1-6, 2004 Paper No. 2479.
- Milan Zmindak. Martin Dundinsky, Computational Modeling of composites Materials Reinforced by Glass Fibers.
- Evaluation of compressive properties of chopped strand mat E – glass fiber reinforced epoxy composite, vol 2, and issue 3, March 2015, international journal of research and development organization.
- Dr.N.Seetharamaiah,J.Dhanraj,Afroz Mehar. S.Irfan sadaq,Characterization and Mechanical behavior composite material using FEA, volume 2, pp: 125-131,International journal of engineering science.
- ASTM D3039/3039M, Standard test method for tensile properties of polymer matrix composites materials.
- ASTM D 790-02, Standard test method for Flexural properties of unreinforced and reinforced plastics and electrical insulating materials.
- ASTM D 695-02a, Standard test method for Compressive properties of rigid plastics.