Job Shop Scheduling With Heuristic AlgorithmsAuthor(s) : Lokesh Kumar sahu, Dr.SridharK
Volume & Issue : VOLUME 2 / 2015 , ISSUE 1
Page(s) : 39-45
ISSN (Online): 2394-3858
ISSN (Print) : 2394-3866
Job shop scheduling is atypical procedure compared with the scheduling procedure of mass production system. In this paper palmer’s heuristic algorithm, CDS heuristic algorithm and NEH algorithm are presented the arrive the solution for a job scheduling problem. The relevant data is collected from a medium scale manufacturing unit job order. The results obtained from the heuristic algorithm are compared with lekin software.
Job shop scheduling, Make span time, CDS heuristic algorithm, NEH heuristic algorithm, Palmer’s heuristic algorithm, lekin Software.
- Kalczynski, P.J: On the NEH Heuristic for Minimising the Make span in Permutation Flow Shop. The International Journal of Management Science (2007)
- Hejazi, and Saghafian :Flow shop Scheduling Problems with Make span Criterion. AReview, International Journal of Production Research, 43(14), 2005, pp. 2895-2929
- Modrak, V: Flow Shop Scheduling Algorithm to Minimize Completion Time for n-jobs m- Machines Problem, 2010, pp. 273-278 .
- Jao Vitor Moccelin;Marcelo seido Nangano: Heuristic for flow shop sequencing with separated and sequence independent setup time. Sequencing Mech. Sci. & Eng. [online]. 2011, vol.33,
- Md. Sanowar Hossain, Md. Asadujjaman, Md. Ashraful Alam Nayon, Priyanka Bhattacharya: Minimization of Make span in Flow Shop Scheduling Using Heuristics method m machine n jobs problems. Industrial and Energy Engineering 2014.
- Shariar Farahmand Rad,Ruben Ruiz,Naser Boroojerdian: A heuristic method for minimizing make span time in permutation flow shop problem(2006)
- Chia, Lee, Minimizing the total completion Time in permutation flow shop, operations . Research , Vol.6, pp. 2111-2121, (2009).
- A. Malik, A. K. Dhingra, Comparative analysis of heuristics for make span minimizing in flow Shop scheduling. International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology. Vol. 2, pp. 263-269 (2013).
- P. Semančo, V. Modrák, A Comparison of Constructive Heuristics with the Objective of Minimizing Makespan in the Flow-Shop Scheduling Problem,Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, Vol. 9, pp. 177-190, (2012).
- kamburowski ,P.J- An improved NEH heuristic to minimize make span in permutation Flow shop Problems. (2008)