Frequency Domain MMSE one-tap Equalizer for FBMC-OQAM SystemAuthor(s) : Nisha Varghese, Jerin Geogy George
Volume & Issue : VOLUME 2 / 2015 , ISSUE 1
Page(s) : 12-17
ISSN (Online): 2394-3858
ISSN (Print) : 2394-3866
The need for higher data rate in the modern communication world leads to the development of multicarrier modulation. OFDM, the most popular MCM technique, has some disadvantages like inefficiency due to the insertion of cyclic prefix, spectral leakage among the subchannels due to the poor stopband attenuation of prototype filter etc. Due to these drawbacks of OFDM, a FilterBank based Multi Carrier system with Offset Quadrature Amplitude Modulation has been proposed. The analysis and synthesis filterbanks in FBMC- OQAM system is designed using exponential modulation of a single prototype filter which is designed using frequency sampling method of filter design. In the presence of fading channels, Frequency Domain MMSE one-tap equalizer is designed. Simulation results for Vehicular A and Pedestrian B channels show that the proposed equalizer gives better results for BER performance for the system.
FBMC-OQAM, MMSE one-tap Equalizer, MCM, OFDM, Transmultiplexer
- Abraham Peled and Antonio Ruiz, "Frequency domain data transmission using reduced computational Complexity algorithms”, IEEE international conference on Accousticsand Speech,Vol.5,1980
- M.Vitterli, "Theory of multi rate filterbanks”,IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and signal processing,Vol.35,No. 3,March1987,Page(s):356-372.
- P.P. Vaidyanathan,”MultirateSystemsand Filter Banks”, Prentice-Hall,1993.
- Pierre Siohan,” Analysis and Design of OFDM/OQAM systems based on filterbank theory”, IEEE transactions on Signal Processing,Vol.50,2002,Page(s):1170-1183
- Ari Viholainen, TeroIhalainen, Tobias Hidalgo Stitz, Markku Renfors and Maurice Bellanger, “Prototype filter design for filter bank based multi carrier transmission”,EURASIP2009, Page(s):1359-1363.
- K.Martinand S.Mirabbasi, “Overlapped complex-modulated transmultiplexer filters with simplified design and superior stopbands”, IEEE Trans. On circuits and Systems, Vol. 50, August2003, Page(s):456-469.
- J. F. IIclard, J.Y.Baudaisand J. Citernc , “Linear MMSE detection technique for MCCDMA”,Electronicsletters,Vol. 36,No.7, March2000, Page(s):665-666.
- M. Ergen, “Mobile Broadband Including WiMAX and LTE”, Springer, USA, 2009.